Re: [O] [SYNC] How do you sync your org-mode files between n devices (n

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] [SYNC] How do you sync your org-mode files between n devices (n > 2)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 11:42:34 +0200

Hi Alan,

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 10:50:18AM +0200, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
>
> > I think the issue with tools like Unison, Dropbox, is conflict
> > resolution on simultaneous edits.  Traditional version control does a
> > better job of that, but then it loses the convenience of these other
> > tools.
> >
> > I believe there is a list member (Alan) close to Unison development; in
> > the thread referenced by Samuel there is some discussion on how this
> > could be done in a more well defined manner.
>
> Unison can call external tools to merge conflicting files. If someone
> wants to use such a tool with unison, I can definitely give a hand.

If you can find the time, I have a somewhat more involved proposal for
you :).

I think this would be a wonderful addition to Worg.  Probably the FAQ is
more appropriate (under "Tips and Tricks") since this is one of most
commonly asked questions on the list.  On the other hand, if you think
covering this topic requires more than just a few lines, a longer entry
or short article in the config section would be more appropriate.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu