Re: [O] syntax for blocks that the exporter should not render?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] syntax for blocks that the exporter should not render?
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 12:09:20 +0200

Hello,

> On 3.9.2013, at 17:32, Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> certain lines are not rendered by the org exporter, but are instead
>> interpreted as instructions, e.g.:
>>
>> #+AUTHOR: Matt Price
>>
>> I'm using org2blog/wp, which is only partially converted to the new
>> exporter.  It works pretty well, but not perfectly.  It has the neat
>> feature that, when I insert a link to a local image, it will upload
>> that image to wordpress and link to the uploaded file.  TO keep track
>> of the location of those images, it writes lines like this to the org
>> file:
>>
>> #+/home/matt/Matt_headshots/Matt Price/IMG_9367_.jpg
>> http://2013.hackinghistory.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/wpid-IMG_9367_2.jpg
>>
>> Recently I've noticed that these lines are actually being rendered by
>> the underlying html exporter before export.
>
> I don't think this is the right behavior, such lines should not be rendered.
> Suvayu is right, with a space after the # they are treated as commendt, but I
> think
> they should also be ignored with the plus.
>
> Nicolas, what is the reasoning behind rendering them?

Because this isn't valid Org syntax, so it is treated as regular text
(i.e. a paragraph). Something similar happens for unbalanced blocks:

  * H

  #+begin_example

  * H2

In the example above, "#+begin_example" is treated as a paragraph.

In both cases, silently ignoring them could cause more trouble that it
would solve.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou