Re: [O] Adding text properties to all Org mode links

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Adding text properties to all Org mode links
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 13:39:11 +0200

Hi Jambu,

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:26:22PM +0530, Jambunathan K wrote:

> Add salt to taste or cookup your own recipe based on the hints here.
>
> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
>         (lambda nil
>           (setq-local default-text-properties
>                       '(point-entered org-link-entered-maybe))))
>
> (defun org-link-entered-maybe (op np)
>   (when (derived-mode-p 'org-mode)
>     ;; (message "In org-link-entered-maybe")
>     (let* ((inhibit-point-motion-hooks t)
>          (ctx (org-element-context)))
>       (when (eq 'link (org-element-type ctx))
>       (tooltip-show (org-element-property :raw-link ctx)
>                     (not 'use-echo-area))))))

I can't see the properties.  This is what I tried:

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          (lambda nil
            ;; (setq-local default-text-properties
            ;;          '(point-entered org-link-entered-maybe point-left
org-link-entered-maybe))
            (setq-local default-text-properties
                        '(point-entered sa-echo-tooltip point-left
sa-echo-tooltip))
            ))

Where sa-echo-tooltip is my function.  Then I open the following Org
file:

------8<---------8<----------
#+TITLE: Test adding text properties to links

#+STARTUP: showeverything

* Links
- [[https://www.google.com][Google]]
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_page
------8<---------8<----------

With my cursor on the 2 links, I see the following with describe-char:

There are text properties here:
  face                 org-link
  font-lock-multiline  t
  fontified            t
  help-echo            "LINK: https://www.google.com";
  htmlize-link         (:uri "https://www.google.com";)
  keymap               [Show]
  mouse-face           highlight
  org-no-flyspell      t

There are text properties here:
  face                 org-link
  fontified            t
  htmlize-link         (:uri "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_page";)
  keymap               [Show]
  mouse-face           highlight
  org-no-flyspell      t

As you see there is no mention of point-left or point-entered.

Any ideas?

--
Suvayu