Re: [O] LaTeX export: images subplots

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export: images subplots
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 22:19:57 -0500

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM, Martin Leduc <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi John,
>    this solution using tables was indeed inspired from your post, I am so
> sorry, I should have refered to it...

Ha! No problem at all -- small mailing list world :)

> I suppose that the feature has not been implemented yet. I am now thinking
> of generating a panel with imagemagick before including it in the org
> buffer, for example with
>
> #+begin_src sh
> convert +append image1.png image2.png panel.png
> #+end_src
>
> and hence
>
> #+CAPTION:
> [[panel.png]]

What in the wide world of sports!? That's amazing and I can't believe
I've never run into that. Sooo flipping handy. I've been looking for
an easy way to do this with dissimilar ggplot2 plots where facetting
is hard or doesn't make sense as well:
- Like this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18046051/setting-individual-axis-limits-with-facet-wrap-and-scales-free-in-ggplot2

That's pretty awesome and I just tried it; works beautifully.

Then again, I think handling images in Org tables would be just
fantastic. Not need for an external program or the compile time.
Perhaps a bit tricky as one would have to infer from some #+attr_latex
property that one wanted to apply some size parameter to every
[option] box of the converted \includegraphics line...

In any case, thanks for this and I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully
others chime in.

John