Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 00:52:11 +0530

> Thanks. Take 2:

Looks good.  Less surprises.  Some open questions...  I have no
preference one way or the other.

1. Seems to like beginning of line.  May be it should do a
   back-to-indentation.  It is disconcerting to have cursor rest on
   margins.  It should actively rest on the "active" content.

2. Goes through the table row by row.  I thought the tables are escaped
   altogether!

3. In the example below, the cursor stops at #+caption, but not #+name
   It also stops at ./org-mode-unicorn.png.

   But it doesn't stop at the beginning of \begin{equation*}.  It should
   stop at first line of "content" for consistency.

   Should it stop at each line of "#+"?

4. Put the cursor in a table cell and C-Down and I get "This shouldn't
   happen".  But if I am within a table.el table cell, the table is
   escaped.

5. The only exception to "I like bol" is while visiting footnotes where
   the cursor skips past the label in to content.  Should the cursor
   make a stop at description term and description defintion.

6. Should it stop at each line of "#" line?

**** A simple image with caption and label

#+caption: Unicorn Logo
#+name: fig:1024
  [[./org-mode-unicorn.png]]

**** LaTeX Fragment1
#   See org-format-latex-options

     The equation down below has both a caption and a label.

#+caption: Kinetic Energy
#+name: Equation:1
   \begin{equation*}
     e = \frac{1}{2}mv^2