Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 15:42:38 +0530

>> Should there be a pit-stop at #+END in the segment below.

> You can use `org-forward-element' to go there.

It makes no difference if I use `org-forward-element' or
`org-forward-linear-element'.  The reason is clear if one examines the
parser output.

#+BEGIN and #+END are considered NOT as a pair but as standalone
 paragraphs.

           (paragraph
            ()
            #("#+BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL exdoc\n" 0 29
              ()))

           (paragraph
            ()
            #("#+END RECEIVE ORGTBL exdoc\n" 0 27
              ()))

I just picked up a random worg file to take a real-world test drive.

Speaking of expectations, cursor's stop points within #+BEGIN_BACKEND
and #+END_BACKEND are decided based on whether the respective backend is
loaded.  So is the case with inlinetasks.

I am just making a note of behaviour that is surprising.  Surprising
only if the underlying mechanics aren't sufficiently understood or
known.