Re: [O] Contributing Without Patches ...

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Contributing Without Patches ...
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 09:45:47 -0600

aditya siram <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all
> I've made a couple of changes to the latest source tree but I can't seem to
> create patches because of some merges that happened subsequently.

First you'll need to rebase [1] your changes over the current head of
the git repository, then you can generate patches with git format-patch
and send those patches to the list.

The git-scm site below is a great resource for using git.  See also [2]
for Org-mode specific contribution information.

> Is there some way for me to issue a pull-request?

Pull requests are a github thing, not a git thing.

> -deech

Cheers,

Footnotes:
[1]  http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Branching-Rebasing