[O] Displaying links in tables in fixed-width font

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: [O] Displaying links in tables in fixed-width font
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:46:16 +0200

Hello,

I'm using a proportional font for my text modes (including org-mode),
with a little hack to make sure that code and tables are displayed in a
fixed font.

;; from
http://yoo2080.wordpress.com/2013/05/30/monospace-font-in-tables-and-source-code-blocks-in-org-mode-proportional-font-in-other-parts/
(defun my-adjoin-to-list-or-symbol (element list-or-symbol)
  (let ((list (if (not (listp list-or-symbol))
                  (list list-or-symbol)
                list-or-symbol)))
    (require 'cl-lib)
    (cl-adjoin element list)))

(mapc
 (lambda (face)
   (set-face-attribute
    face nil
    :inherit
    (my-adjoin-to-list-or-symbol
     'fixed-pitch
     (face-attribute face :inherit))))
 (list 'org-code 'org-block 'org-table 'org-block-background 'org-date))

It works great with one exception: links in tables are displayed using a
to display links in table in a fixed font (and keep them proportional in
other places)? Or is it only possible to always display them in a fixed
font?

Thanks,

Alan