Re: [O] Can't get dvipng to work

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Can't get dvipng to work
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 20:48:36 +0200

Ken Williams <address@hidden> writes:

> Rasmus <rasmus <at> gmx.us> writes:
>>
>> Then try to run dvipng FILE.dvi or perhaps just dvipng FILE.  Does
>> this work?
>
> Yes, it produces a proper output PNG that looks good, but note that the base
> filename has a '1' appended:

That's weird, but I can reproduce it here.  It's follows from the
manpage

 -o name
     Send output to the file name. A single occurrence of %d or
     %01d, ..., %09d will be exchanged for the physical page
     number (this can be changed, see the --dvinum switch). The
     default output filename is file%d.png where the input DVI
     file was file.dvi.

> This would probably be a lot easier to debug if the emacs logs included the
> command line strings that are being run.

This is untested, but try to do:

C-h f org-create-formula-image-with-dvipng

click on org.el link

with the cursor on the within the defun do
M-x edebug-defun

Create simple document an make Org call dvipng.

–Rasmus

--
If you can mix business and politics wonderful things can happen!