Re: [O] managing a work log

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [O] managing a work log
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 23:08:59 +0100

Hi Bastien,

Sorry for the incredibly delayed response to this ...

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 11:22:41PM +0200, Bastien wrote:
> Adam Spiers <address@hidden> writes:
> > With `org-archive-mark-done' set to `t', entries will be marked as
> > done when `org-archive-subtree' is invoked.  However, this does not
> > honour the expected behaviour when `org-log-done' is set to `'time',
> > i.e. that a `CLOSED: [timestamp]' line will be inserted just after the
> > headline.  Is that a bug/feature, or am I missing something?
>
> I get the same behavior but there is a ARCHIVE_TIME property,
> which tells you what time the entry was archived-and-marked-done.
> Why would you want redundant information with a CLOSED timestamp
> here?  Are you handling the CLOSED cookie in a specific way?

ARCHIVE_TIME is not honoured by log-mode.  I have a custom agenda
command which sets org-agenda-start-with-log-mode to '(closed clock)
and org-agenda-entry-types to '(:timestamp :sexp), so that I can
easily create a weekly work report to mail out to my team.  The CLOSED
cookie is required in order for DONE items to appear in this report.