[O] A custom exporter

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [O] A custom exporter
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 14:48:28 +0200

Hi all,

I'm toying with an idea of writing my own exporter backend, based on the
html one.  My question is: what should I read to learn how to do this?
I am aware of http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/ox-overview.html, but
ox-\(element-\)?docstrings look a bit scary.  I thought that reading
the source code of some existing backend alongside the docstrings might
be helpful.  Am I right?  Do you have any suggestions as to which one to
choose first?  How did the authors of existing backends start learning
how to do that, and do they have any tips for their younger colleague;)?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University