Re: [O] using gnuplot's "splot" and "every" commands on org-mode table d

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] using gnuplot's "splot" and "every" commands on org-mode table data
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 12:21:10 -0600

> Maybe I'm missing the point of the :missing header, but I find it
> easier and clearer to include the datafile missing command in the
> gnuplot code block.  I don't really see a need for the :missing
> header.  Maybe the need stems from wanting to be able to use different
> plotting packages to plot the same org table data, but it's not clear
> to me.

I agree that it is easier and more clear to include "set datafile
missing..." in the body of a gnuplot code block.  I *do* think that the
:missing header argument has value specifically as a way to replace
missing values in the original table data.

I've changed the behavior of the :missing header argument so that it
*only* replaces missing values in table data and does not add a "set
datafile missing..." line to the code block.

Cheers,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte