Re: [O] Fwd: epresent issue

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: epresent issue
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 05:51:58 -0600

>>> I can't reproduce this problem with a recent version of epresent and
>>> Org-mode.  For example with the following minimal Emacs invocation
>>> (without any configuration, run from the epresent directory).
>>>
>>>     emacs -Q --eval "(progn (add-to-list 'load-path
>>> \"~/src/org-mode/lisp\") (require 'org))" -l epresent.el present.org
>>>

>> I tried this (with my-path adjustments); and a just-downloaded epresent
>> from above link; still the same behavior
>>
>> In more detail:
>>
>> 0. Run command
>>
>> emacs -Q --eval "(progn (add-to-list 'load-path \"~/pdsw/org-mode/lisp\")
>> (require 'org))" -l ~/.emacs.d/downloads/epresent.el  lastLect.org
>> and then in emacs:
>>
>> 1. Start with epresent-run
>> The buffer changes form half-way -- ie
>> a. it becomes full-screen,
>> b the menu line vanishes but
>> c. the mode line is present
>> d. the fonts are still small
>>
>> 2. After than whatever key I press (including q) it becomes like a
>> presentation -- ie no mode-line and large fonts
>>
>> 3. One more q and it quits with the q appearing where point was last
>>

> Also just checked with this trivial 4-line file in case there was something
> in my org file.  Still the same
> --------------
> * H1
> ** H11
> ** H12
> * H2
> -----------
>
> I just wonder if its to do with
> 1. emacs version 23.4.1

Maybe the problem here could be the Emacs version, I'm using Emacs
24.3.1.  A long while ago I remember having to hit "t" after launching a
presentation to get the large fonts which sounds very similar to the
issue you describe above.  I don't suppose it's possible for you to
switch to Emacs 24?

> 2. I am using xfce not the more common gnome/kde etc

I'm using Xmonad which is probably less common even than xfce.  I guess
this difference could also be the cause of the weird behavior.

> Thinking of the second because there is a kind of lag in the
> full-screening of the window -- something which seems related to the
> window manager??

Sorry I don't have the motivation to test under other window managers.
Hopefully an Emacs upgrade will help or there is some other workaround
(e.g., pressing "t" after calling epresent-run).

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte