Re: [O] Transpose or open functions for table cells

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Transpose or open functions for table cells
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 23:57:34 +0200

Hi Michael,

Sorry, I forgot to respond to your response.

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 09:27:45AM +0200, Michael Brand wrote:
> Hi Suvayu
>
> On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 12:52 AM, Suvayu Ali
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > |     2 | b     |  -->  |     2 | b     |
> > |     3 | d     |       |     3 |       |
> > |     4 | e     |       |     4 | d     |
> > |     5 |       |       |     5 | e     |
> >
> > If neither exists, any thoughts how might one go about writing one?
>
> Some time ago I wrote helper functions that do similar things for a
> row:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#column-sequence-in-row
> Now I added a suggestion for the same in a column:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#row-sequence-in-column

These look like the transpose functions I was looking for.

> > I am also
> > looking for something like org-open-line, but only for a table cell.
>
> Are you looking for something different than the above?

Yes, the above allows easy rearrangement of table cells.  I'm looking
for something that allows me to insert cells in a row or column.  In my
example from the earlier email, I insert a cell in a column.

Thanks,

:)

--
Suvayu