Re: [O] Bug: dates in heading break beamer export

From: Daniele Pizzolli
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: dates in heading break beamer export
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:02:51 +0200

On 09/29/2013 05:27 PM, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
Dnia 2013-09-29, o godz. 16:53:14
Nicolas Goaziou:

[]

It's a LaTeX Beamer problem: it doesn't like

   \section{title \textit{[2013-09-29 Sun]}}

produced by Org, although regular LaTeX accepts it.

Do you know about a workaround for this?

Not really.

This is really a workaround: put a \protect before \textit.

Or why not drop \textit?

In general, putting formatting commands in \section title etc., even if
not erroneous, is considered a bad practice.

But org-mode allow this!

I think that if something is allowed in org-mode syntax but not by the
underlining tools used for export, the exporter should take care to find
a suitable workaround.

I just found that the same problem (work in latex, does not work in
beamer) exists for footnotes in header!

A feature request would be to have some checks on org files a la
flymake, at least for common potential sources of problems that
usually break the export like:

- missing two empty lines after footnotes
- missing empty line after RESULTS:
- =string=[footnote]

Maybe something already exists and I am simply not aware.

Regards,
Daniele