Re: [O] Limit subtree to a specific export backend

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Limit subtree to a specific export backend
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:03:16 +0200

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Wiesner <address@hidden> writes:

> can I limit a subtree to be exported with specific backends only?
> I.e. only to HTML, but not Texinfo or LaTeX?
>
> Background:  I am trying to simplify the documentation of one of my
> projects, and combine the website and the user manual into a single
> document.  Naturally, there is some content on the website that should
> not appear in the manual and vice versa.

As Sebastien suggests, if you can identify export status depending on
tags you can do it with a filter.

Here's an example that's perhaps a bit too verbose and not thoroughly
tested:

#+BEGIN_SRC Org
#+TITLE: Conditional export
* Common intro
  txt
** Pdf heading                                                        :latex:
   the math is really pretty!
** HTML heading                                                        :html:
   the text features hyperlinks!
** More common notes
   Intro over

* Code                                                             :noexport:
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun rasmus/conditional-export (settings backend)
    "Change SETTINGS to include dynamically set export-tags.

    Enable the use of BACKEND as EXPORT_TAGS.  A derived backend is
    treated as its parent."
    (let ((backends (remove-duplicates
                     (mapcar (lambda (x)
                               (or (org-export-backend-parent x)
                                   (org-export-backend-name x)))
                             org-export--registered-backends)))
          ;; for treating derived backend and parent backends differently:
          ;; (backend-or-parent backend)
          (backend-or-parent (dolist (b org-export--registered-backends return)
                               (when  (eq (org-export-backend-name b) backend)
                                 (return (or (org-export-backend-parent b)
                                             (org-export-backend-name b)))))))
      (plist-put
       settings :exclude-tags
       (append (plist-get settings :exclude-tags)
               (mapcar 'symbol-name
                       (remove backend-or-parent backends))))))

  (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-options-functions 'rasmus/conditional-export)
#+end_src
#+END_SRC

--
Enough with the bla bla!