Re: [O] AUCTeX key bindings within Org documents

From: Fabrice Niessen
Subject: Re: [O] AUCTeX key bindings within Org documents
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 20:47:09 +0200

Hello,

"Fabrice Niessen" wrote:
> Nicolas Richard wrote:
>> "Fabrice Niessen" writes:
>>> Due to a friend's request, I've tried to offer AUCTeX key bindings within
>>> Org
>>> documents via a minor mode, called "org-auctex-keys".
>>
>> I checked that out because I often find myself doing C-c C-e while in
>> org-mode, but I expected it would insert
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC latex
>>   \begin{prompted_env}
>>
>>   \end{prompted_env}
>> #+END_SRC
>> instead of a new item.
>
> Why not?  It makes sense -- and the list item did not make such sense...
>
>> OTOH, I don't really want such a feature, because when I do this, I
>> usually realize that it's time for me to export the tree to LaTeX and go
>> on from there.
>>
>>> If you're interested, check it out at
>>> https://github.com/fniessen/org-auctex-key-bindings.
>>
>> I see no licence, which I think (though IANAL) is equal to a strict and
>> super restrictive copyright ; is that intended ?
>
> No, it's just that I'm lost when it comes down to copyrights, copylefts, and
> all the subtle meanings and implications of that.
>
> Any advice on what to put? The purpose is, of course, that it can be freely
> used, copied, etc.

FYI, I've added the suggested key bindings (from you and from Marcin), and
added a copyright (Emacs-alike).

Currently implemented:

| Shortcut    | What it runs                       |
|-------------+------------------------------------|
| C-c C-s     | org-insert-heading                 |
| C-c C-j     | org-insert-heading-respect-content |
| C-c C-f C-e | org-auckeys-font (emphasize)       |
| C-c C-f C-b | org-auckeys-font (bold)            |
| C-c C-f C-t | org-auckeys-font (typewriter)      |
| C-c C-f C-i | org-auckeys-font (italic)          |
| C-c C-e     | org-auckeys-environment            |
| C-c C-c     | org-export-dispatch                |

Best regards,
Fabrice

--
Fabrice Niessen