[O] Adding time intervals [OT?]

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [O] Adding time intervals [OT?]
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 11:33:44 +0200

Hi all,

I am pretty sure that I've read about functions for summing time
intervals so that as a result, we don't get the "largest possible"
interval (like in [1,2] + [3,4] = [4,6]), but something more along the
lines of "time estimate" (where assuming that everything will happen at
the fastest or slowest possible pace is unrealistic, since the
estimates are uncorrelated).  Unfortunately, I can't remember where I
read that.  I did a quick grep on Calc and Org manuals and didn't find
it - but maybe I'm missing something?  Or maybe I was just dreaming and
Emacs does not have anything like that?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski