Re: [O] Needing help on org-gnus + LaTeX export -

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: [O] Needing help on org-gnus + LaTeX export -
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 17:21:13 -0700

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/10/1 Nick Dokos <address@hidden>
>
>     This all seems screwed-up in various mysterious and tangled ways.
>     Is
>     there somebody with emacs experience nearby who could help you? If
>     not,
>     I would go back to the beginning: start with a default emacs
>     installation with *no* customizations at all, then add latest
>     org-mode
>     and the bare minimum of customizations so that it is chosen in
>     preference to the org-mode that comes with emacs. Then test it
>     carefully
>     and thoroughly before you try adding other customizations and
>     org-mime.
>     Add things one at a time and keep testing.
>
> Thanks a lot Nick, it is a good advice.
>
> I succeeded to get an html file ! It still does not work for LateX but
> I need more time.
>
> Unfortunately org-mime-htmlize makes still problems:
>
> org-mime-htmlize: Symbol's function definition is void:
> org-region-active-p
>
> I do not understand what it means.

I think it really means "Did you take Nick's advice?" :)

The main part of Nick's advice was maybe not perfectly clear for a
beginner; when he says "with no customizations", he means "rename your
.emacs file to some other name so you don't lose it, and then re-start
from a new, blank .emacs file - and don't put in your new .emacs file
anything that you don't fully understand."

I've caused problems for myself before, by finding something interesting
that sounds like a good idea, adding it into my .emacs without fully
understanding what it does, and later running into mysterious problems.

--
David R