Re: [O] org-debbugs.el

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [O] org-debbugs.el
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:11:50 +0200

Nicolas Richard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Michael,

Hi Nicolas,

> While trying your package, I noticed that C-h m would not work because
> of a misplaced docstring. Here's the patch (but I'm not sure I have the
> latest version, sorry if this is already fixed).

Thanks. I've submitted a similar patch some days ago.

> Also, I heard recently on #org-mode about bugpile, which is an old (last
> updated more than a year ago) of Thorsten Jolitz and Eric Schulte. The
> doc says:
> ,----
> |  The Bugpile project has two goals:
> |
> |     Develop a bugtracker (called Bugpile) for GNU Emacs Org-mode,
> |     using Elisp, Elnode, Org-mode, and a dVCS.
> |     As part of the engineering process, abstract out a web-framework
> |     (iOrg) based on these GNU Emacs technologies.
> `---- Source:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/student-projects/bugpile/

No idea about the status either. However, org-debbugs has the advantage
to access Emacs' bug tracking system, which is not listed above. I
expect org related bugs arriving not only via `org-submit-bug-report',
but also via `report-emacs-bug'.

Anyway, if the org maintainers decide for another bug tracking system
but debbugs, it would also be OK for me. It just decreases the priority
of that package for me.

Best regards, Michael.