Re: [O] odt export with 'header'

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] odt export with 'header'
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:26:48 +0200

Hi,

Andreas Leha writes:

> I'd like to have a 'header' on the first page of a odt exported document

Here is a fiddly way to do it. There may be easier and/or more correct
ways. And perhaps the ODT exporter could use a preamble option like
the HTML exporter has. But this should work, more or less.

The trick is to put your header in an actual header in the style
template, a page header that will only be shown on the first page. This
works because header contents are included with the page style. So try
making a style template again:

1. Export your document and open in Open-/LibreOffice.

2. Modify the styles to your heart's content.  Hint: You may want to
   make the Title and Subtitle styles hidden (Modify Paragraph Style >
   Font Effects tab > check Hidden). Or you may skip this step for now
   and come back later.

3. Give the first page the page style OrgFirstPage.

4. Do Insert > Header > OrgFirstPage.

5. Put the content you want in the header,
   inserting the appropriate fields:

#+begin_example
> ,----
> | Some fixed text here                           +------------------+
> |                                                | [Insert>Picture] |
> |                                                +------------------+
> |
> |                                                     Some fixed text
> |                                               [Insert>Field>Author]
> |                                                Some more fixed text
> |
> |                                                 [Insert>Field>Date]
> |
> |                       [Insert>Field>Title]
> |                         Some Subtitle
> |
> `----
#+end_example

6. Save the template.

7. Try exporting with the path to the template in ODT_STYLES_FILE.
   (Actually, if you're going to include a logo or other picture, it
   gets a little more involved. You will need to include both the path
   to the template and the relative paths to "styles.xml" and the image
   file inside it, as described in the manual.)

8. If you don't see your custom header in the exported document, you may
   have to put the first page in OrgFirstPage style manually. (Not sure
   how to make this happen automatically.)

9. Following the header, you will still have the usual preamble with
   title, date, and if you haven't turned it off, the authorname. If you
   have made the Title and Subtitle styles hidden (step 2 above), they
   will be invisible in print. If not, you will need to delete them
   manually.

Hope this helps?

Yours,
Christian