Re: [O] Drag images from Firefox to org-mode

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] Drag images from Firefox to org-mode
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:24:45 -0400

On 2013-10-18 11:36, Nicolas Richard wrote:
Note that using
(let ((coding-system-for-write 'no-conversion))
(write-region nil nil filename nil nil nil 'confirm))
instead of
(write-file ...)
seemed to fix the problem for Oleh.

Attached is a patch against Nico's url-retrieve-alt which cleans-up
some issues w/ the defcustoms and make the interactive version of
`org-download-image' prompt for a url instead of attempting to use the
clipboard (which kept throwing errors for me). At least in my environment
(Chrome -> cygwin emacs on Windows NT),DND doesn't work on windows.

It also uses url-parse to get the image file name, as images with
cache-busters were failing to download (e.g.
http://example.com/image.jpg?20120101).

Again, sorry I can't do a branch and pull request, don't have push
access to github from here.

rick