Re: [O] Portable formatting of export?

From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer
Subject: Re: [O] Portable formatting of export?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:05:02 +0200

There are several problems with this approach:

1. In order to force default behaviour, I'd have to set ALL customization variables of org explicitly (can be avoided by using an "emacs -q" session for compiling).
2. Even setting just a single setting can be very verbose (e.g. when defining a new document class).
3. The variables are not flagged as safe for use as file-local variables, requiring extra user-interaction whenever the file is visited.

Sure, those are all mere convenience issues, but they add up to enough potential inconvenience for cooperative authoring (i.e. the file being edited in different emacs configurations by different people) to make direct latex editing rather attractive.

Is that scenario simply outside the scope of org-mode?

- Klaus-Dieter Bauer