Re: [O] odt export with 'header'

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] odt export with 'header'
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:19:06 +0200

Christian Moe <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> (...)
>
>>> It doesn't strictly have to be that style, or an Org-prefixed style at
>>> all, but it's strange that you don't have them.
>
>> Yes, which style is used seems not essential (as it works with my
>> self-created OrgFirstPage style).  But I guess, that getting (at
>> one point) orgmode to automatically assign the desired style to
>> the first page will be only possible, if the intended style is
>> used.
>
> Yes, very true.

With the correct (i.e. much more recent) style file I have this page
style and, thus, this issue is solved.

>>> What is the value of the variable `org-odt-styles-file'? If nil, what is
>>> your `org-odt-styles-dir'? You should find an `OrgOdtStyles.xml' in one
>>> of those.
>
>> That was the correct pointer.  org-odt-styles-file is indeed nil,
>> and org-odt-styles-dir is pointing to the wrong directory!  I
>> gather that it is derived from org-odt-styles-dir-list.  That
>> list contains the correct directory, but only at the third
>> position. (...)
>> Isn't that supposed to be set automagically during the install process?
>
> It is set when ox-odt is loaded, ultimately based on info from the
> install, I guess, but making a number of guesses about other possible
> locations to look. Org-odt-styles-dir will then look for the first
> directory in the list that contains the two required files
> (OrgOdtStyles.xml, OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml). The order of the
> directories listed shouldn't matter, as long as you don't have more than
> one directory containing files with the right names. Not sure I can help
> with this.

Well, I do have more than one directory containing files with the right
names, as emacs ships with its own orgmode and its own style files.
These tend to be older than the orgmode (plus style files) I use (via
git), so I will set the directory manually.  (Even if I do not expect too
much changes on these style files in the near future.)

>> I have now a
>> (setq org-odt-styles-dir
>> "/home/andreas/local/emacs/org-mode-install/etc/styles")
>> in my .emacs
>> Is that the correct fix here?
>
> For now, if it works...

It does, so issue is solved for me.

>>> And if you enable #+OPTIONS: email:t ...?
>
>> Does not seem to change anything here.
>
> Right. I can't actually find a useful field to insert for email, apart
> from Insert>Fields>Document>Sender>E-mail, which is populated from the
> user data registered for LibreOffice on your user account, not from the
> document information, which does not contain email info. If you'll
> always be using the same email address, just include it; if you need to
> specify different email addresses for different documents, there may not
> be a very simple solution.

No worries.  Most documents will use the same email address, so I hard
coded that into my template.

[...]

All in all, I do have my template set up now.   And besides the needed
manual switch of the firstPage style it runs smoothly.

Many thanks!  That will be a time saver and even more a hassle saver for
me in the future.

Regards,
Andreas