Re: [O] org-slidy and other HTML slideshows in org 8.x?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] org-slidy and other HTML slideshows in org 8.x?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:41:49 +0200

Jay Dixit <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm trying to use Dov Grobgeld's org-slidy (https://github.com/dov/org-slidy)
> to create HTML-based slideshows using org-mode, but it doesn't seem to be
> working. I'm not sure, but I suspect this is because the syntax for org's
> HTML export may have changed?
>
> Here are the options used by org-slidy.
> https://gist.github.com/7129945
>
> I tried to fix it by taking out the "-export" from the commands, but it
> didn't work. Does anyone know the new correct syntax for these options?
>
> I'm having similar issues trying to use Takumi Kinjo's
> org-html5presentation (https://github.com/kinjo/org-html5presentation.el)
> and org-impress-js (https://github.com/kinjo/org-impress-js.el). I get
> errors like "void-variable org-export-html-special-string-regexps," but I
> don't know enough to translate the commands into org-8ese. Does anyone know
> how to do this?
>
> Finally, are there other HTML-based slideshows that are compatible with org
> 8 besides s5 and deck.js?

There's ox-reveal on Github.  The author announced it a while back.

        https://github.com/yjwen/org-reveal/

The implementation has some limitations ATM but for simple stuff it's
OK.  E.g. I couldn't get inheritance between headlines working, the
style of description lists is forced bold plus some other annoyances.

I like reveal.js, but it lacks a good theme for more, say, 'academic'
stuff, where text tends to be aligned to the left and description
lists are typeset in a nicer manner etc.

–Rasmus

--
. . . The proofs are technical in nature and provides no real understanding.