Re: [O] Query about org-beamer-select-environment

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Query about org-beamer-select-environment
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:30:18 +0100

Hi,

> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I went to access the BEAMER_act property via C-c C-b and see it's not
>> listed in the minibuffer choices (attached) The manual describes this
>> function like so:[1]
>>
>> C-c C-b     (org-beamer-select-environment)In org-beamer-mode, this
>> key offers fast selection of a Beamer environment or the BEAMER_COL
>> property.
>>
>> Looking at the options, this looks pretty accurate, though one might
>> say that BMCOL is more about a property of the resulting
>> environment/property than a specific environment itself. Just curious
>> about the possibility of adding the other possible beamer-specific
>> properties in such a handy picker, as I often forget and then need to
>> go look at the manual.
>>
>> It looks like BEAMER_act and BEAMER_opt are the only ones not in that list.
>
> Good idea. What binding do you suggest?
>
> I thought about "<" for BEAMER_ACT and "[" for BEAMER_OPT, but that may
> not be optimal.

Good suggestion, John.  I've been setting these via C-c C-x p.

On of my computers has a UK keyboard.  As I remember it '<' is
annoying to get to (shift-, I think).  '[' is annoying on a Danish
keyboards ("Right M"-8).

In any case, why not stick with a key that almost surely doesn't
require a modifier?  It's probably not as logically pleasing as your
suggestion, but still. . .

–Rasmus

--
A page of history is worth a volume of logic