Re: [O] Writing Challenge

From: Ivan Andrus
Subject: Re: [O] Writing Challenge
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 22:56:58 -0600

I'm really sorry I didn't reply sooner.  I was out of town, and then I forgot
to follow up.

On Oct 27, 2013, at 2:07 AM, Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Ivan,
>
> address@hidden writes:
>
>> Very interesting! I have been working on a mode which gives the
>> current word-count, WPM and an estimate of the time it will take to
>> hit today's quota in the modeline.  I would be interested in feedback
>> as well as integrating it with your spreadsheet.  You can find it at
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/gvol/nanowrimo.el
>
> I've been looking at your mode, and I find it very interesting. Here are
> a couple typos I've found (for documentation strings):
>
> - documentation of nanowrimo-total-goal should be "How many words you
>  would like to write in total."
> - documentation of nanowrimo-today-goal should be "How many words you
>  would like to write today."
> - documentation of nanowrimo-org-table-name should be "Name of the table
>  where goals are tracked."

Thanks.  Those are fixed now.

> Finally, it would be great if nanowrimo-today-goal could be computed
> from the "quota" part of the spreadsheet.

That's is a good idea.  You can now customize
`nanowrimo-today-goal-calculation-function' and `nanowrimo-finish-functions' to
update today's goal and progress.  Perhaps I should make them default to the
"correct" values since they should be no-ops if you are not in org-mode.  But I
haven't tested that all.  Nor have I tested the case when you use org-mode, but
don't have the table inserted (which you can do with
`nanowrimo-insert-org-table').

-Ivan