Re: [O] list labels - fixing a label

From: paul
Subject: Re: [O] list labels - fixing a label
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 15:53:59 +0000

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden writes:
>> In LaTeX we can specifically set enumi, enumii etc. to skip list items.
>>
>> Is there any way to do something similar with org lists? Simply started
>> at 2) or whatever doesn't work - when you add new items they all get
>> renumbered.
>
> You could consult the manual and find that starting an ordered list
> entry with e.g. address@hidden would set the enumeration to that value and
> then
> increment later entries from there.

Aha! Thank you. The manual does indeed describe that.

However it doesn't seem to work in quite the way one (or at least I)
might expect. If I type:

1)
2)

and then I hit M-RET I'll get:

1)
2)
3)

But if have:

1)
address@hidden)

and then I hit M-RET I'll get:

1)
address@hidden)
*

so it seems that that the last item isn't recognised as a list item. I
guess I was expecting to get:

1)
address@hidden)
4)