Re: [O] Line breaks in org-mode having version control in mind

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Line breaks in org-mode having version control in mind
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 16:54:24 +0000

Dror Atariah <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Therefore, as I mentioned, in LaTeX I use visual-line-mode and I
> insert manually line breaks at the end of sentences (or where *I* find
> appropriate). What would be the best practice for org? I understand
> that visual-line-mode has some problems when it comes to
> tables... What other issues are there? What do you do when you keep
> your org file under VC?

I use visual-line-mode (along with org-indent-mode) and it works very
well.  For tables, I simply switch back to truncate mode while working
on the table and switch back to visual-line-mode when done.  I have
toggle-truncate-lines bound to a key for easy access.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.2.1-87-g8e841c