Re: [O] getting gnus contcats into org-contacts

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] getting gnus contcats into org-contacts
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 19:25:55 +0100

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Andreas Davour <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> I've just started using gnus again, and since it seems like bbdb is in a
>> messy state someone suggested I try org-contacts as an address book
>> solution. It looks quite usable, but I have a few questions.
>
> I can't help you directly but I can say that I am using bbdb v3 from
>
>       git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bbdb.git
>
> with gnus from
>
>       http://git.gnus.org/gnus.git
>
> very effectively.  No problems at all with bbdb once I converted over
> from v2, of course.

So do I, even if I miss some things:

- mainly, the auto-discovery of new emails: when you receive a mail from a new
  email address but from a known sender name, bbdb2 proposed to add the email
  address in the DB; not bbdb3

- gnus-public is not supported anymore.

Apart from that, bbdb3 is OK.

And both of the above points are not supported either IIUC in org-contacts.
Sad.

Best regards,
  Seb

--