Re: [O] BEAMER_HEADER in `org-latex-classes'

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] BEAMER_HEADER in `org-latex-classes'
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 11:05:51 +0100

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/address@hidden>
writes:

> I'd then propose the attached patch for the documentation.

Thank you for the patch.

> BTW, what's the difference between #+LATEX_HEADER and #+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA
> lines, if both end up under the same umbrella ([EXTRA])?  Couldn't we suppress
> the #+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA keyword?

According to section 12.7.2 in manual, LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA will not be
loaded when previewing LaTeX snippets, unlike to LATEX_HEADER.

> * ox-latex.el (org-latex-classes): Add BEAMER_HEADER in the
> documentation string.

`beamer' is a different back-end than `latex', or to put it differently,
`latex' back-end is not supposed to know about `beamer'. That's why no
reference to `beamer' appears in `org-latex-classes'.

If documentation is needed, I think it should go in the manual, as
a footnote close to the reference to BEAMER_HEADER.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou