[O] Customize group, strange behaviour of group org export latex

From: Rasmus Rempling
Subject: [O] Customize group, strange behaviour of group org export latex
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 21:13:50 +0100

Hello,

I have a question about latex export option and its customization.

If I browse the org export latex group directly after opening emacs and a .org file the list only give Option Org Export and it looks like this (observe that I have not done latex export yet:
   | [ ]-- Group Org Export XML
    | [-]-\ Group Org Export LaTeX
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Default Packages Alist
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Packages Alist
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export With Tex Macros
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export With Latex Fragments
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Default Class
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Classes
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Emphasis Alist
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Title Command
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Import Inbuffer Stuff
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Date Format
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Todo Keyword Markup
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Timestamp Markup
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Timestamp Keyword Markup
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Tables Verbatim
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Tables Centered
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Tables Column Borders
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Low Levels
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex List Parameters
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Verbatim Wrap
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Listings
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Listings Langs
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Remove From Headlines
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Image Default Option
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Inline Image Extensions
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Coding System
    |  | [-]-\ Group Org Export LaTeX
    |  |  |  `--- Option Org Export Pdf Remove Logfiles
    |  |  `--- Option Org Latex To Pdf Process
    | [-]-\ Group Org Export LaTeX
    |  |  `--- Option Org Export Pdf Remove Logfiles
    | [+]-- Group Org Export ASCII

However, if I do one latex export, a group of Option Org Latex Classes is added to the list, then the list looks like this:

    | [ ]-- Group Org Export XML
    | [-]-\ Group Org Export LaTeX
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Default Packages Alist
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Packages Alist
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export With Tex Macros
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export With Latex Fragments
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Default Class
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Classes
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Emphasis Alist
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Title Command
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Import Inbuffer Stuff
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Date Format
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Todo Keyword Markup
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Timestamp Markup
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Timestamp Keyword Markup
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Tables Verbatim
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Tables Centered
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Tables Column Borders
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Low Levels
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex List Parameters
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Verbatim Wrap
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Listings
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Listings Langs
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Remove From Headlines
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Image Default Option
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Inline Image Extensions
    |  |  |--- Option Org Export Latex Coding System
    |  | [+]-- Group Org Export LaTeX
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex To Pdf Process
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Default Class
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Classes
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Inputenc Alist
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Title Command
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Toc Command
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex With Hyperref
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Format Headline Function
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Footnote Separator
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Active Timestamp Format
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Inactive Timestamp Format
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Diary Timestamp Format
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Image Default Option
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Image Default Width
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Image Default Height
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Default Figure Position
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Inline Image Rules
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Link With Unknown Path Format
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Default Table Environment
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Default Table Mode
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Tables Centered
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Tables Booktabs
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Table Caption Above
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Table Scientific Notation
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Text Markup Alist
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Format Drawer Function
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Format Inlinetask Function
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Listings
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Listings Langs
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Listings Options
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Minted Langs
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Minted Options
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Logfiles Extensions
    |  |  |--- Option Org Latex Remove Logfiles
    |  |  `--- Option Org Latex Known Errors
    | [+]-- Group Org Export LaTeX
    | [+]-- Group Org Export ASCII

My questions are:
Do you get the same behaviour?
I have not been able to deduce the reason for this behaviour, ?
If I want to add a class should I do this in the (Option Org Export Latex Classes) or in (Option Org Latex Classes) or in both?

/rasmus