Re: [O] Difference between LaTeX and HTML exported documents for bold ve

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: Re: [O] Difference between LaTeX and HTML exported documents for bold verbatim text
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 22:13:53 +0000 (UTC)

Aaron Ecay <aaronecay <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > It would be nice if both exporters were consistent in how they export
> > the styles for these cases (it seems like the HTML exporter gets it
> > right, while the LaTeX exporter doesn't).
>
> This is an issue of the default font in LaTeX not providing the right
> glyphs.  See:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/33039/using-ttfamily-with-bfseries-or-how-to-enable-bold-in-fixed-width-font

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your message -- it is now clear why this happens, and that it
isn't an issue with org-mode.  I guess it's best to leave the org-mode
defaults as they are, but maybe this would be good information to add to the
documentation if it isn't already there -- that one can have something like

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{courier}

in their file (or the corresponding setting in their emacs config) in order
to ensure that bold fixed-width fonts work properly.

Regards,

Mark