Re: [O] BEAMER_act and special environments

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] BEAMER_act and special environments
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 09:21:23 +0100

Hi James,

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:14:20AM +0800, James Harkins wrote:

> I'm not especially familiar with emacs-lisp and I haven't looked at the
> functions for node properties at all. Unfortunately, I'm under a time crunch
> today and I don't have the few hours it would take to get up to speed
> (otherwise, I'd have a go at it myself).
>
> It seems that everything in org-beamer-environments-default supports overlay
> specifications, except beamercolorbox. OK... what about
> org-beamer-environments-special? I found today that B_columns ignores any
> overlay specification given in the heading's properties. That is:

IIUC, columns is a "container" environment for other column
environments.  Here is an example from my slides:

\begin{frame}[label=sec-3-4]{Distinguishing CP eigenstates}
  \begin{columns}
    \begin{column}{0.5\textwidth}
      \begin{figure}[htb]
        \centering
        \includegraphics[width=0.9\textwidth]{fig1.eps}
        \caption{m$_\mathrm{ES}$ for B₋ → cc̄K$_S$}
      \end{figure}
    \end{column}
    \begin{column}{0.5\textwidth}
      \begin{figure}[htb]
        \centering
        \includegraphics[width=0.9\textwidth]{fig2.eps}
        \caption{ΔE for B₊ → J/ψK$_L$}
      \end{figure}
    \end{column}
  \end{columns}
\end{frame}

So I would think the overlay specification is appropriate for column,
not columns.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu