Re: [O] Installing orgmode-8.2.3b as ELPA

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Installing orgmode-8.2.3b as ELPA
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 21:42:43 +0100

Dan writes:
> Hi, I'd like to install orgmode-stable (8.2.3b I guess) as non-root --
> ideally as an ELPA package.

There is absolutely no reason to build an ELPA package locally for this
purpose.  Just define SUDO to be empty and adjust the target directory
for the install to some directory that you own (and is at the start of
load-path).

> After some digging, I tried to recreate an ELPA-style tar from git:
>
> $ make -f mk/server.mk elpa
> make: *** No rule to make target `info', needed by `elpa'.  Stop.
>
> OK, getting a little frustrated now... Some help please?

If you still want to try for whatever reason, put this in local.mk:

SERVROOT = serv
SERVERMK = server
include mk/$(SERVERMK).mk

Regards,