Re: [O] commit 5ea0228 has problem opening big org-mode file

From: York Zhao
Subject: Re: [O] commit 5ea0228 has problem opening big org-mode file
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:38:12 -0500

OK, finally I was able to reproduce the problem with a minimal setup.

First goes .emacs file:

(add-to-list 'load-path "path/to/org-mode")
(add-to-list 'load-path "path/to/org-mode/lisp")  ; this line is the key
(add-to-list 'load-path "path/to/yhj-mode")
(require 'yhj-mode)

Second goes yhj-mode.el:

(require 'org)
(define-derived-mode yhj-mode org-mode "yhj")
(provide 'yhj-mode)

Finally, file test.yz:

# -*- mode:yhj -*-

Open file "test.yz" and note the comment line not fortified, open "*message*"
buffer and note the following error:

File local-variables error: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'")

There are three keys to reproduce, first, you have to make two files, .emacs and
"yhj-mode.el". Second, this line must be present:

(add-to-list 'load-path "path/to/org-mode/lisp")  ; this line is the key

Third, file "yhj-mode.el" has to be byte-compiled.

York