Re: [O] Bug when cycling

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug when cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 12:02:21 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> PS: This is a rather crude fix, don't hesitate to proofread the
> patch just in case.  Thanks!

Actually, I'm rather surprised this problem happens (I wasn't able to
reproduce it FWIW).

In `org-cycle-hide-drawers, END is, at the bare minimum, the next
headline. The error happens with the last line

  (goto-char (org-element-property :end drawer))

Though, according to Org syntax, a drawer cannot go past a headline (IOW
it cannot contain the headline). Therefore, there's no reason for
(org-element-property :end drawer) to be greater than END.

This patch may fix something, but I tend to think that the problem is
elsewhere. Either the parser is wrong (but then, I would have been able
to reproduce the bug), or there's a cache error.

Assuming you remove your fix for a while, do you have a reproducible
recipe from a fresh Org buffer available? Also, does it happen with
`org-element-use-cache' set to nil?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou