Re: [O] Error: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Error: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 21:31:27 +0100

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When trying to convert a document which contains R graphics, I get the error:
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)
>>   goto-char(nil)
>>   (progn (goto-char link-end) (skip-chars-forward "  "))
>>   (setq post-blank (progn (goto-char link-end) (skip-chars-forward "
>> ")) end (point))
>
> Thank you for the report.

Thank you for your prompt attitude, as always...

> Could you provide an ECM for it?

Not easy, no, as it now disappeared after an update to the latest version of
Org.

Now, to be honest, I've had very peculiar times with Org for the last week,
when working on a document full of R code, and converting it (mainly graphics)
to Beamer slides. Here a couple of problems:

- PDF said as updated, but in fact not regenerated; [1]

- PDF missing some sections (= some Beamer slides) while those headlines had to
  be exported; sometimes, I passed through a LaTeX file to generate my slides
  with AUCTeX...

Now, I know these descriptions are very inaccurate, no ECM to support my
sayings. But I was really under pressure, and could not get the same
reproducible problem twice in a row (that's what, in fact, does make me
afraid!).

I hope to get more stable results, or problems, in the future, and to be able
to report them with the needed details.

Best regards,
  Seb

[1] Francesco Pizzolante had initiated a thread about that, btw. See
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-10/msg00347.html. I
    think his proposition of a catch-all errors would make a lot of sense, and
    suppress false impressions of correct behavior -- help the user be aware of
    problems as soon as they happen.

--
Sebastien Vauban