[O] Org-mode in windows fires Tramp without any intervention

From: Toni Cebrián
Subject: [O] Org-mode in windows fires Tramp without any intervention
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 15:16:08 +0100

Hi,

   I have my own complex Emacs configuration files developed over time when working in a Linux environment. You can see that https://github.com/tonicebrian/emacsconfig in case you are curious. It works seamlessly in Linux and I tried to use that as-is when working in Windows. Emacs in Windows reads that configuration and fires up also without any warning. The problem comes when I try to open a complex Org file, with some links in it. I don't know why, but Tramp is fired and tries to ssh to the machines in one URL within a link element that has the form "http://machine:8080/more/levels".

I don't even have the (require 'tramp) in my init.el file so this is something the Org mode plugging is doing by itself. By the way, the org mode version I have is org-20131202 from elpa and Emacs is 24.3.1 for Windows. Do you know where to look or what to try? This same Org file, the same init.el and the same emacs version work without any problem in Linux.

Any clues?