[O] Exporting to HTML, LaTeX header is not recovered in the Org buffer

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: [O] Exporting to HTML, LaTeX header is not recovered in the Org buffer
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 19:24:38 +0100

Hi folks,

in order to export to HTML LaTeX fragments (not necessarily math
fragments) as PNG pictures, I set
#+LATEX_HEADER: \newenvironment{dummy}{}{}
and insert LaTeX fragments in `dummy' environments.  This is useful
for showing the aspect of a LaTeX fragment without compiling,
cropping, and converting to PNG an external LaTeX file.  Are there
better ways to do that?

For example
#+TITLE: foo
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{lipsum} \newenvironment{dummy}{}{}

\begin{dummy}
\lipsum[1]
\end{dummy}
used to work until Org < 8 (of course with `LaTeX:dvipng' instead of
`tex:dvipng'), but with the new HTML exporter the LaTeX header is
recovered inside the `org-create-formula-image-with-dvipng' function
while being in the ` *temp*' buffer, so the LATEX_HEADER option set in
the Org file is discarded.  Is it an intended behavior?  Or is it a
bug?  I'm running Org 8.2.3c (20131125) from Elpa.

Thank you,
bye,
Mosè

P.S.: please keep me in CC, I'm not subscribed to the list.