Re: [O] Bug: Bad ODT files when including multiple images [7.9.3f (relea

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Bad ODT files when including multiple images [7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef @ /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 15:41:35 +0100

Enrico Scholz writes:

>> It seems LibreOffice 4.1 now requires that draw:frame elements wrapping
>> images be uniquely named with the draw:name attribute if there's more
>> than one of them.
>> So we may need a fix for the corner case of identical captions as
>> well.
>
> Why do we need meaningful 'draw:name' values at all?  And why use the
> caption for it?  Just adding 'draw:name="Image%u"' and incrementing the
> index after each use seems to be enough.

Indeed, that sounds like a simple all-round fix, and better than one
solution for uncaptioned images and a fragile one for captioned
ones. Did a quick test replacing the draw:name attributes for captioned
images with such generic names, and it didn't seem to cause any
problems.

> Alternatively, '#+NAME:' seems to be a much better choice than
> #+CAPTION.

But not a good one, since users do not necessarily name images.

Yours,
Christian