Re: [O] Getting checkboxes in HTML output?

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] Getting checkboxes in HTML output?
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:03:05 -0500

On 2013-12-02 11:38, Peter Davis wrote:
I've now changed ox-html.el to include this:

(defun org-html-checkbox (checkbox)
"Format CHECKBOX into HTML."
(case checkbox (on "☒")
(off "☐")
(trans "☑")
(t "")))

This is sort of close to using
[ ] for unchecked
[/] for partially checked
[X] for checked

To my aging eyes, the check in U#9745 looks almost like a forward
slash. Certainly, though, this would be potentially confusing,
especially if no [X] boxes were present, so that only [ ] or [/] were
visible.

Right. I am going to make this a configurable option in ox-html,
although consensus is that trying to emulate the partial checkbox
([-]) w/ other unicode symbols is too confusing, so we will simply use
an empty ballot box.

rick