Re: [O] org-indent-mode corrupted most of a big org file

From: Johann Spies
Subject: Re: [O] org-indent-mode corrupted most of a big org file
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 16:41:28 +0200

Hello Alexander,

Thanks for your attention.  The message I sent earlier was of my experience on my work computer.

I have now tried the same on my home computer.  The files on both edited was in /home/js/Dropbox/orgmode.

I have also edited ~/.emacs and saved it.

that is strange.  I cannot remember doing something else besides putting
the mentioned code into my init file.  I can only think of these
"trivial" reason why this does not work for you:

- Did you evaluate the code or restarted your emacs?

I have killed and restarted emacs.  How do I evaluate (reload) .emacs when emacs is running?

- Are the files you are editing somewhere under /home/js/?
- Did you really edit and save a file since adding the code to your init
  file?
- In case you are editing files under version control: Did you turn on
  vc-make-backup-files?

HTH,
--
 Alexander Baier

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)