Re: [O] Unable to push to org-mobile

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Unable to push to org-mobile
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:51:44 -0500

Dror Atariah <address@hidden> writes:

> On Dec 13, 2013, at 16:08 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>
>> Dror Atariah <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Today I realized that I cannot execute successfully 'org-mobile-push'. In
>>> particular here is the output from '*Messages*':
>>>
>>> Creating agendas...
>>> Agenda written to Org file /Users/drorata/Dropbox/MobileOrg/agendas.org
>>> Creating agendas...done
>>> Saving all Org-mode buffers...
>>> (No files need saving)
>>> Saving all Org-mode buffers... done
>>> Copying files...
>>> Writing index file...
>>> org-mobile-create-index-file: Wrong type argument: sequencep, :grouptags
>>>
>>> I first step I took was to update the package; now 'org-version' yields
>>> "Org-mode version 8.2.4 (8.2.4-3-g7fe99a-elpa @
>>> /Users/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20131209/)". However,
>>> problem is still
>>> here.
>>>
>>> Next I don't really know what to do... I have all my emacs' settings in
>>> https://github.com/drorata/emacs_setup
>>>
>>> How can I debug this problem and solve it?
>>
>> In the same way that you debug all such problems: toggle debug-on-error,
>> try to do org-mobile-push again and look at the resulting backtrace (or
>> post it so others can look at it).
> I evaluated (setq debug-on-error t), and then executed org-mobile-push again.
> There was no output in the *Backtrace* buffer....

Try deleting the org-mobile.elc file and reloading org-mobile.el. Then
try evaluating

     (let ((debug-on-error t))
          (org-mobile-push))

and see if that gives you a backtrace.

>> A shot in the dark: what's the value of org-tag-alist?
> The value of org-tag-alist is:
>
> (("PRIVATE" . 112)
>  (:startgroup)
>  ("WORK" . 119)
>  (:grouptags)
>  ("address@hidden" . 109)
>  ("address@hidden" . 105)
>  ("address@hidden" . 100)
>  ("address@hidden")
>  (:endgroup \.nil)
              ^^^^^
This looks strange to me, although it's not clear it would cause the
problem even if it is wrong (which it may or may not be).

Nick