Re: [O] orgmod: R and threeparttable

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] orgmod: R and threeparttable
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 09:46:49 +0100

Hello,

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

> It *sort of* works in that I get LaTeX table syntax wrapped with
>> \begin/end{threeparttable}, but then I caught that threeparttable is
>> actually a wrapper around tabular. Not sure how you can currently use
>> Org to specify two layered wrappers like that? Or you might need
>> someone to write an equivalent of #+begin/end_center for
>> threeparttable?
>>
>> #+begin_threeparttable
>> table-generating-stuff
>> #+end_threeparttable
>>
>> Even more complicate is that tabular ends, then a tablenotes
>> environment begins/ends, and only *then* does threeparttable end.
>>

> This is precisely the problem. At the moment, there does not seem to be a
> way of doing it.

Of doing what? You can always write raw LaTeX in an Org buffer.

  #+begin_latex
  the whole threeparttable stuff
  #+end_latex

You can also build something with special blocks:

  #+begin_threeparttable
  tabular with Org syntax
  #+begin_tablenotes
  ... probably some raw LaTeX...
  #+end_tablenotes
  #+end_threeparttable

Moreover, footnotes can give you almost the same result.

> I think it is a major limitation

Aren't you exaggerating a bit?

> and we should try to overcome it. I do not know lisp, and can't judge,
> but is it very difficult to overcome?

I don't know. AFAICT your problem is not clearly defined. But it seems
that you already have a couple solutions to experiment first.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou