Re: [O] Unable to push to org-mobile

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Unable to push to org-mobile
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 14:50:53 -0500

Dror Atariah <address@hidden> writes:

> Bingo! Adding this line allowed me to complete org-mobile-push successfully!
> Amazing. I have three closing questions:
>
> 1. What made you look into lines #460-464? Now when you pointed, it is
> somehow straightforward to check line #470, but there seems to be no
> indication regarding the broken code.

Well, line 470 uses the variable tags which depends on def-tags which
is set at the top of the function from org-tag-alist, but is then munged
in the setq starting on line 456 - and the munging done there seemed
particularly relevant to the problem you reported.

> 2. What's next? I believe this is a bug... How can I report it?

Consider it reported - thanks for checking it. I'll push the proposed fix later
on today. If it is wrong, we can revert it later, but at least for now
it seems to fix the bug.

> 3. Finally, in the meanwhile, till the bug-fix is out, what is the
> best practice to maintain this patch locally?

See the org FAQ:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#keeping-local-changes-current-with-Org-mode-development

--
Nick