Re: [O] org-mode habits graph dissapears

From: Josiah Schwab
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode habits graph dissapears
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 22:23:21 -0800

Hi Javier,

> Thank you for your response. Here it is what I do:

Thanks for the more detailed information.  This is helpful.  Please
continue to cc the org-mode list your responses.

> I open one of my agenda files, write the new habit, schedule it with
> C-s, then add a repeat interval, and then I do C-c C-x p, write
> =STYLE=, and then habit.  The result, is like this:
>
> * new habit
>   SCHEDULED: <2013-12-17 Tue .+2d/4d>
>  :PROPERTIES:
>  :STYLE:    habit
>  :END:
>
> I notice that I don't have the line: :LAST_REPEAT: then, I check my
> agenda, with C-a a, and I see the habit, with a color bar on the
> right, and the symbol "!".  = personal: new habit !  =
>
> Then I mark the new habit as "DONE",  C-c C-t DONE, now  I update the
> agenda view with "r".  The new habit is gone, and It won't appear,
> again, If I check the agenda file, it says:
>
> * DONE new habit
>  CLOSED: [2013-12-17 Tue 07:55]
> SCHEDULED: <2013-12-17 Tue .+2d/4d>
>  - State "DONE"       from "STARTED"    [2013-12-17 Tue 07:55]
>  :PROPERTIES:
>  :STYLE:
>    habit
>  :END:
>
> And It won't appear again, I noticed that it doesn't say:
> :LAST_REPEAT: Am I missing something?

If I follow your example, I observe the same behavior.  Though I dispute
that the habit won't appear again: I think it will, just in 2 days, when
it is time for you to do that habit again.  So as I understand it, you
are observing the expected behavior.

If this is not what you want, you may want to look at the ways to
customize org-habit, in particular

,----
| (defcustom org-habit-show-all-today nil
|   "If non-nil, will show the consistency graph of all habits on
| today's agenda, even if they are not scheduled."
|   :group 'org-habit
|   :type 'boolean)
`----

If I
  (setq org-habit-show-all-today t)
then all habits are shown, even ones which I don't need to do today.  At
least to me, this sounds like the behavior you are seeking.

Hope that helps,
Josiah