Re: [O] tricky odt export needs

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] tricky odt export needs
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 11:25:57 +0100

Jambunathan K writes:

> When we are typesetting a xref in a backend - I can authoritatively
> speak for the ODT backend - we need not be resticted to "ONE-OF" but can
> have "ANY-COMBINATION-OF" descriptors.  What I mean is this:
>
> In the pdf version of Emacs info manuals one typically sees all three of
> a Section number AND a Description AND a Page number, something like:
>
>     See Section 3.1 [Tropical Storms], page 24.
>
> In Org context, I am wondering whether there is such a need.

Two thoughts:

1. Assuming my suggestion for dedicated links to be typeset as page number
references, one  partly achieve this by multiple links.

e.g.

See Section [[*Tropical Storms]], page [[tropstorms]].

* Tropical Storms

Bla bla bla...

<<tropstorms>> Bla bla bla..

2. Maybe, instead of trying to make simple cross-reference links do
everything for everyone, it would be better to think in terms of
creating several link types?

e.g. something like

See Section [[*Tropical Storms]], [[textref:*Tropical Storms]],
[[pageref:tropstorms]].

Yours,
Christian Moe