Re: [O] Missing contrib packages

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Missing contrib packages
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 15:45:50 +0100

Hello Achim,

Achim Gratz wrote:
> Am 22.12.2013 09:44, schrieb Bastien:
>> htmlize.el was not included so far when packaging the
>> org-plus-contrib ELPA package, I fixed this, thanks.
>
> There is nothing to fix here, if you install Org from ELPA presumably
> you'd be able to install htmlize via package manager also. Org has no
> business distributing this file via ELPA.

I'm not sure about that.

AFAIU, Org has its own (patched) version of htmlize.el, (one of the)
reason it's in contrib.

  ╭────
  │ htmlize.el 21 November 2008 :
  │ ;; Author: Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden>
  │ ;; Modified by: Carsten Dominik <carsten at orgmode dot org>
  ╰────

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-07/msg00430.html
and http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/15484.

Or was it "had it own version", as I don't see Carsten's name anymore in
the file header?

Best regards,
  Seb

--