[O] Make ,* show up as * in babel blocks

From: Oleh
Subject: [O] Make ,* show up as * in babel blocks
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 22:12:52 +0100

Hi all,

When a line of babel source code starts with leading star
(also some other characters, see `org-unescape-code-in-string')
org-mode auto-escapes it with a comma.
I assume that there's no easy way not to add the comma.
But I think it should be possible to fontify it as if it's not there.

This comma is auto-removed for purposes of evaluation
or when switching to native mode to edit a source block.

The issue is that it's not removed when viewing the org-file.

Small example to illustrate: J souce "*/ 2 2" displays as

#+begin_src J
,*/ 2 2
#+end_src

I've found a work around:

(defvar keyword-comma-star
                    (compose-region (match-beginning 1)
                                    (match-end 1)
                                    ?*))))))
(font-lock-add-keywords 'org-mode keyword-comma-star)

Is this good enough to add to org-babel core?
Maybe someone has a different option to fix the issue?

regards
Oleh